The way that you start your day can influence the tone of your entire day. Here are a few ways that may benefit you in having a successful and happy day – even after getting up on the “wrong side of the bed.”
- Start your day off feeling fresh. Wake up, rinse (or wash) your face with cool water, brush your hair and teeth, take some deep breaths.
- Eat a healthy breakfast. After all, it is the most important meal of the day! There are a million different concoctions you can make for your healthy breakfast – I will list some of mine and Harper’s favorites! Banana pancakes (no syrup needed) YUM! Eggs are always good for you but if you are going the vegetarian or vegan way you can always swap that egg out for oatmeal with banana or any other fruit. (Peaches are my go-to!)
- Introduce more vegetables to your diet and drink lots of water! Vegetables and fruits are natures blessing, a natural way to ensure that your body gets that proper nutrients it needs. Cutting out sugary treats and drinks will help clear your mind, skin, and help reduce the chance of gaining weight.
- Get your heart pumping, even if it is just for 30 minutes. A little exercise goes a long way, trust me.
- Give yourself a bedtime. It has always been said that 7-8 hours is how much sleep one should get to receive the maximum benefits of a well-rested life. Fun fact for you, you will never make up the amount of sleep you’ve lost. Remember those crazy nights as a teen when you stayed up all day and night? Even if you sleep 9-10 hours for 4 days you still will not have made up that sleep you’ve lost. So, get some shut-eye when it’s needed!
- Lastly, believe in yourself. Love yourself. Treat yourself with kindness.